When it comes to buying your wedding rings or bands, the process could be intimidating. There are numerous things to bear in mind before purchasing a brand that you’ll wear on an important day. One of the first things to consider in this regard is the band metals and their benefits and cons.
- Every metal entails its own individual characteristics that make a world of difference in the long run.
- The metal you choose from your wedding bands and rings has a definite fashion backdrop or reason. You can buy it as per your lifestyle or the durability you desire.
- Some are costlier, but the metal bands are long-lasting. You cannot resize some as you can end up cutting your finger.
- Take the case of platinum. Its density and rarity make it one of the costliest metals. While a platinum wedding band can be an expensive investment up front, you need to know that you can polish and fixes it in the future.
- Platinum is also the best material to shield diamonds in the piece. Its only problem is its exorbitant price. It costs a little more than regular 18-karat gold.
A breakdown of the properties
Although gold is the most traditional and trusted choice, and high-karat pieces are more anti-tarnishing and lustrous, white gold does have a few pitfalls as well.
- Since you mix it with rhodium to enhance its durability, you need to replate the process every few years.
- Gold has a tendency of sustaining scratches. It’s not wise to wear the band while working with your hands.
- Another metal is palladium. When you compare it with platinum, the cost is less. It’s lightweight but harder than platinum and gold. Its hypoallergenic, which means it doesn’t deplete or tarnish.
- This metal is quite rare. There are numerous style options that make it confusing. It’s also prone to scratching.
- Although titanium is the hardest material and entails several finishes and is more affordable, the material is very difficult to resize.
- Another popular material, stainless steel doesn’t cater to silverware only. It’s also a very jewelry metal. It’s environment-friendly, but when it comes to wedding bands, the style options are limited. Check them out on https://epicweddingbands.com/.
- Also, if you’re a swimmer, stainless steel rings and bands are not advisable as the metal is susceptible to chlorine.
A style guide
Adding special engravings or diamonds are only two customization options for creating a unique design that illustrates your style and persona to the world. An iconic and catchy wedding band sets the standard for all other accessories and rings.
It could be classic or contemporary. A personalized band composition can render a stylish and comfortable reminder of your beautiful love. Another parameter for distinction among the wedding bands is the width of the product. If you visit https://www.epicweddingbands.com, you will have plenty of options.
According to CTN News, they have been broader than women’s bands. It continues to this day. The wider and more rugged the projection, the more masculine will be the look. While large size bands make a modern fashion statement, some guys prefer a smaller, streamlined band that looks sophisticated, refined and feels lighter.
Leave a Reply